Thursday, December 24, 2009

Bliss!

Me: How much are those slices of pie*?
Cashier at pie shop: $4.
Me to Jo: I'm not getting it then. (Keep in mind, we'd walked nearly 20 minutes to get to this pie shop.)
(Insert endless agonizing over how these were actually more like two slices of pie, so maybe $4 was OK...)
Me to cashier: (Something affirmative regarding the pie.)
Cashier: I'll give you another one as well, since we're about to close.

It's the little things...

*A brief return to the Americanness discussion here and here: Apparently, 'American' is defined by considering a) pumpkin pie, and b) peanut butter foods worth eating. In that case, call me doubly American.

4 comments:

Matt said...

Was it good pie? If so, $4 isn't close to too much for a slice. (If it's not good, why get it at all?)

Phoebe Maltz Bovy said...

It's probably good pie - it's from a good pie place, but I'll try it soon and have a verdict. $4 would not be shocking at a sit-down place, but this was a to-go situation, and I try to keep my to-go desserts in the $3 and under range.

Phoebe Maltz Bovy said...

And... the pie could not have been better. I'll no doubt be back for the full-priced version.

Matt said...

Mmmm, Pie.